Senior SW Development Manager
- Shenzhen, China
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Sr. Software Development Manager will be part of the Fire OS organization and will be responsible for leading multiple technology teams in Beijing. Fire OS supports a large set of Amazon devices, including current Tablets, Set-top-boxes, HDMI sticks, Audio Products (Echo Dot etc.), and Smart TVs..
As Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading multiple teams of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years' experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
• The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive end user experiences.
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large and cross-functional projects.
• Strong technical credentials and deep hands-on technical expertise on embedded systems.
• Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile, Apple iPhone and RIM Blackberry.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders.
• TV experience as preferred qualification
Back to top