Senior SW Development Engineer - Embedded
- Austin, TX
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster? Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices). ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Join us.
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.This is a unique technical role where you will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces (Alexa devices, IoT devices, etc.). You will join a team whose mission is to ensure that state-of-the-art technologies serving the customer are supported via flexible software architectures, OS and Hardware Platform abstraction, testability, and scalability across multiple device types.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces (Alexa devices, Fire TV, Tablet, Smart TV, etc.). You will join a team whose mission is to ensure that state-of-the-art technologies that serve the customer can be supported via flexible software architectures, SOC selection, and end-to-end engineering processes. To this end, you will see the big picture in brilliant graphical detail.
You will dive into ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distill out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. This will require working with subject matter experts in different domains that may be outside your most proficient area of expertise. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Embedded systems experience with focus on Linux or RTOS
• Experience negotiating design and APIs with other software teams
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• A track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory and CPU
• Experience working across multiple engineering teams to drive software design
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top