Senior Supply Chain Manager, Emerging Countries Topology & Capacity Planning
- Vancouver, Canada
Emerging Country Topology and Network Planning team is looking for a talented Senior Program Manager who will create solutions to optimize multi-year inventory planning and placement, along with Fulfillment Center operational execution. Our scope includes all emerging countries and regions including but not limited to Australia, China, Middle East and North Africa, Brazil, and Mexico. As a team player, you have an opportunity to work with some of the best software engineers, WW engineers, operations managers, finance partners, and business leaders across the network to design the optimal network topology solutions with an objective to solve the storage and processing capacity, Delivery experience (DEX) and achieve best customer experience in the most cost efficient way.
This role requires working with cross-functional business teams across the company to jointly define requirements, develop topology and capacity solutions, and manage the timelines for all current and future field operations teams to support project launches. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks/opportunities and daily change control management. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive interaction skills are essential.
This position requires superior analytical thinkers, ability to understand complex data, diving deep through various information sources and working closely with WW engineers, technology partners and local operations team to rapidly iterate and deliver solutions. This position also requires to work across a variety of teams, including but not limited to Design Engineering, Technology, Transportation, Operations, S&OP, Finance, Category, Delivery Experience, Safety/EHS and leadership across countries. Successful candidates must thrive in fast-paced environments which encourage collaborative and creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system that meet cost optimization and delivery experience maximization goals.
- Contribute to the mid to long-term capacity planning process and process standardization for new and emerging countries.
- Define the best topology for emerging countries by leveraging on optimization tool sets to find answers for critical strategic questions such as how many facilities to build, what kinds they should be, where to put them, how to expect them to operate in terms of inbound/outbound, and how to connect them in our transportation system.
- Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed business requirement, prioritizes features, and drives technical scoping as needed.
- Work closely with Tech teams, business managers and finance, team to quantify and prioritize programs and progress towards optimization and cost goals.
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, In-stock and/or Planning
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, MS Access and SQL to manage/modify existing query for data analysis
- Demonstrated experience and success at leading cross functional programs and proven ability to influence and lead without direct management authority (Influence without authority)
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others
- Strong critical thinking skills to develop new solutions based on fact based data and benchmark
- Highly adaptable to a fast paced, multi-tasking environment who is empowered to make quick decisions.
- Able to highly perform in the midst of ambiguity or coaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of platforms with remote team members, as well as stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Minimum bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Experience with Six Sigma /Lean, network modeling and Operational Excellence
- Ability to write SQL queries
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Amazon's cross-matrix organization is critical to the success of this role
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of how a fulfillment center (aka FC's at Amazon), and transportation network is designed and operated.
Back to top