Job Location: Candidate can opt for New York, Northern Virginia, Nashville or Seattle
Are you an experienced builder who loves to dig into numbers and is passionate about the 'why' behind them? Are you a big thinker that can connect the dots to form a forecast horizon and shape Amazon's growth strategy? If so, Amazon is seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic and determined Senior Supply Chain Analyst to join the Amazon Fresh and Prime Now team. This is a new role and requires a curious, entrepreneurial individual who has strong analytical, project management, forecasting, and influencing skills.
In this role you are a critical member of the team that builds and maintains the distribution supply chain that supports our fulfillment network. You will work closely with program managers, instock managers, supply chain managers, vendor managers and senior management to spearhead inventory flows to and from our Fulfillment Centers (FC's) and tiered supply chain. You will be responsible for many of the distribution center planning processes pieces including: capacity planning, forecast validation, selection planning, automation work streams, seasonality and regional planning.
We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun. Your success in the role will have a large impact on improving the customer experience and growing the business. If you are someone who has shown success in analyzing complex data, building models, streamlining and identifying process improvement opportunities and pioneering new ways to do things, we'd like to talk to you.
Job duties include:
• Build models for effective monthly and quarterly planning cycles with business and operational stakeholders
• Design, develop and maintain scalable (automated) reports that track progress towards plans
• Optimize capacity for the business by balancing new programs, vendor experience, operational flexibility, and cost effectiveness
• Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple teams. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations
• Work with business teams to define requirements and high-level process/system solutions
• Work closely with the supply chain teams in areas including network/topology planning and design, capacity planning, inventory placement, customer experience and backlog management, continuously optimizing for customer experience and fulfillment efficiency
• Drive standardization of tools and processes to build scalable execution plans with business and operations teams
• Identify/Implement capacity planning and management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
• Analyze drivers of significant forecast misses to continuously improve forecasting
• Provide critical thinking and influence cross functionally on streamlining processes within the overall Amazon Fresh and Prime Now business
• Communicate program and project status across a wide range of stakeholders and leadership levels
• Define, track and report program success metrics
• Coordinate with finance teams to maintain and update plans
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Retail Planning, Finance, Information Systems Management or related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in Vendor Management, Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations
• Proficiency in SQL
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent business judgment and strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
• Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
• 8+ years of industry experience in Vendor Management, Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations
• Advanced proficiency in SQL
• Experience with data visualization (Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.