- Hyderabad, India
Amazon Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
The Amazon Imaging team is seeking an accomplished Senior Stylist to become one of the key leaders on our growing masthead. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional professional background delivering creative outputs of best-in-class design aesthetics and styling experience across retail, editorial, advertising, and e-commerce categories.
In addition, the candidate should be highly motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a dynamic atmosphere. This role will require a superb eye for style, attention to detail, visual composition and creative direction, as well as an exceptional talent for using quantitative analysis to assess trends in the quality output of the studios and the needs of our business partners and customers.
• Collaborate with creative teams as well as usability, development, and business teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand imaging solutions to build a superior customer experience.
• Provide, design and manage documentation / SOPs, style guides, and specifications
• Mentor and inspire partners around the world, attracting / retaining the best performers
• Enhance the team knowledge of best practices and trends in Amazon Imaging
• An expert understanding of the trends in web design/online marketing for fashion
• Direct and evolve the Amazon.com creative positioning (look and feel, voice, photography, etc.) on both the website and offline marketing activities.
• Hire, manage and mentor an effective team of producers, art directors, stylists, hair and makeup artists.
• Secure and manage external resources, including freelancer contractors and vendors when needed.
• Oversee the production of daily imaging campaigns, seasonal look books and videos to support and reinforce the vision and business objectives of ecomm.
• Translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution, partnering with business/marketing teams to ensure that designs meet brand and business objectives.
• Provide on set direction. Bring experience with photo shoots and how to effectively direct a crew from start to finish, including attitude, mood, styling, shot selection, etc.
• Develop budgets and timelines, allocating appropriate creative resources to projects.
• Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving.
• Understand and respond to customer data, steering the strategy of future creative directions.
• Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of the fashion marketplace to make decisions that will maximize the impact and effectiveness of creative voice.
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Ability to facilitate the creative development process, including providing clear direction, and producing work cost effectively and on schedule.
• Proven history to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Fashion or commensurate experience.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
• At least 5 years' experience in Photo Art Direction. Top Tier fashion retail websites e-commerce preferred.
• A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision for fashion styling and trends.
• Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
• Demonstrated business acumen and customer centricity.
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced online environment.
• Solid written/verbal communication skills and collaborative skills.
• Knowledge and experience with rich media and digital advertisement creation
• A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision for fashion.
• Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from merchants, marketers, and product teams into creative direction.
• Expert understanding of the web production process; familiarity with post-production retouching.
• Strong people management and coaching skills to provide clear creative direction and to motivate and inspire creative teams.
• Mastery of the principals of design, color theory, and graphics file creation optimized for the web.
• Approach design solutions with knowledge of style trends and customer expectations.
Back to top