Senior Studio Operations Manager
- Arlington, VA
Fashion Studio operations manager
Amazon Fashion Studio
Amazon Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Studio Operations Manager to lead studio operations in a fashion/commercial photography studio environment. As a Studio Operations Manager, you will oversee the workflow of high volumes of products between fulfilment centre(s) and studio(s), owning procurement, inventory, accounting compliance and loss prevention of product. You set daily production goals and ensure resources are in place to meet targets, coordinating directly with studio, retail, FC/facility and logistics teams to ensure seamless planning for product requiring imaging. You are responsible for short and long-term operational planning, including allocating labor, leading daily planning meetings, and assigning job duties. You will forecast future volumes and make plans to ensure capacity meets demand, creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities. You are responsible for
As a leader in the studio, you ensure standard operating procedures are followed, identify inefficiencies in workflow and drive a culture of continuous improvement. You collaborate and share best practices with your peers worldwide, delivering innovative operating procedures that can scale at high volumes while motivating a team of people to deliver results.
• Owning operational performance for large studio or multiple studios or a region
• Planning and overseeing the flow of product and virtual assets through all stages of the studio workflow
• Long-term capacity, workforce and workflow planning for Studio Operations
• Utilizing systems/data to ensure efficient planning for product that requires imaging; remove roadblocks and redefine workflows to meet or exceed operational goals
• Contributing kaizen/lean methodology expertise and driving a culture of continuous improvement; lead worldwide initiatives to improve operational performance
• Collecting and analysing data and testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives
• Regularly reporting key productivity and quality metrics to stakeholders; partnering with Operational Excellence to continually improve metrics
• Implementing studio-wide safety programs including disaster preparedness
• Providing daily supervision as well as mentoring, training, development and performance management of Studio Operations team; may lead leaders; provides mentoring to other Studio Operations managers worldwide
• Ensures creation of robust training and process documentation
• Will have extensive experience in a high volume, high production Studio environment for a global eCommerce business
• Proven track record in hiring, managing and building multiple large operational and creative teams.
• Extensive experience of implementing and managing globally scalable programs
• A big thinker who can look outside the box for solutions, but can probe and consider all the facts and details, while still staying aligned with the long term plans and goals.
• Highly analytical, with a proven ability to analyse various, large data sources including data modelling including extensive experince in using SQL.
• Strong relevant program, product management, business operations and/or consulting experience within an global eCommece company.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Proficiency using multiple platforms and software to create/measure productivity and other operational metrics
• Experience identifying and implementing process improvements with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology
• Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
• Experience successfully leading teams/functions through change
• Obsession with delighting customers
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
• Ability to influence and build successful working relationships with a diverse set of partners
• Demonstrated ability in managing reporting and analysis
• Degree Qualification in business or management desirable
• Proven ability to make and implement decisions
• Excellent written and oral English proficiency
Back to top