Senior Stress Analyst, Primary Aircraft Structures - Prime Air
We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for an outstanding Mechanical and/or Aerospace Stress Analyst with a background in aerospace structures and mechanical systems.
The successful candidate will combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to deliver results quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborating with research teams. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The ideal candidate will have experience in vehicle loads analysis and detail part analysis with an emphasis in analysis methods for laminated material. They must enjoy problem solving, possess practical knowledge of prototype design, material allowables, static analysis, fatigue analysis and damage tolerance.
The Mechanical and/or Aerospace Stress Analyst will be responsible for:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production, including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Developing and documenting vehicle level loads models for major structure
- Using classical methods to detail and document sub-assembly and detail part analysis
- Works with vehicle design team and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance
- Assists in the development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Supports products by participating in investigations into failures and analyzing improvements
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Engineering or Material Sciences.
- 7+ years of experience in the analysis of complex aerospace structure and testing
- Comfortable applying classical theory and software simulation to assess vehicle, sub-assembly and detail level loads, conditions and environments
- Expert with composite structures analysis is a must.
- Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Robotics engineering and design.
- Experience with Thermal Analysis and modeling a plus.
- Familiar with MRB (Material Review Board) practices as it pertains to aerospace manufacturing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- A "Maker" mentality
- Able to work independently
- Experience as a Pilot and R/C modeler is helpful
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top