Senior Strategic Supply Chain Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon Australia retail team, located in Sydney, is looking for a highly analytical Senior Strategic Supply Chain Manager with a passion for driving programmatic launches, improvements and thought leadership. It is a pivotal role that will contribute to the evolution and success of the rapid marketplace growth.
A Senior Strategic Supply Chain Manager will build an in depth understanding of Amazon's commercial frameworks, operational processes and programs. Underpinned by this, they will strategically define the evolution of the inventory management function. . 'Improvement' is defined as defect reduction, cost-savings, time-savings, increased quality and higher satisfaction outcomes for our customers, our suppliers, our internal customers and our team members.
To be successful in the role, the candidate will be able to work through being given a problem statement or by deep-diving processes or data. Once an opportunity has been identified they own the end-to-end delivery from project definition, scope, initiation, execution and closure. This includes building a business case, stakeholder mapping, creating a project plan with milestones, project managing the execution with updates to the business, delivery with intensive-care and hand-off of the project in an End of Project Report. They also proactively connect to other Amazon locales to gain insight into their approaches or combine to deliver solutions at scale. They are the Instock function internal auditors.
Your responsibilities will include:
Your focus will be on vendor operational performance and strategy, and how this directly impacts the P&L. You will own supply chain relationships with some of Australia's largest retail vendors. You will also own key operational KPIs, finding ways to work at scale across the wider vendor base, whilst educating internal colleagues regarding the need to drive automation and operational excellence. You will be responsible for influencing a wide variety of internal stakeholders, using effective communication and interpersonal skills to encourage other teams to support priorities and deliver results.
You will own projects and programs that deliver cost efficiencies, directly impacting our customers through allowing them to access more selection, and receive it more quickly. You will be expected to visit vendors and other Amazon sites across AU when required.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3+ years of experience in operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/ driving results.
• Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from concept to completion, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to clearly articulate technical and complex topics in written form with precision and avoiding being verbose.
• Strong verbal communication skills where statements are high-impact, relevantly pitched for the audience, and frugal on time.
• Familiarity conversing with, and the work style of, technical development teams.
• Proven analytical skills and highly numerate, including proficiency in Excel and data query/extraction such as SQL.
• Experience in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or in a major consultancy firm.
• Willing to relocate to Sydney.
• Working in a start-up or an early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function.
Back to top