Senior Specialized Sales, Artificial Intelligence - Worldwide Public Sector Team
- Herndon, VA
Specialized Sales - Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, WWPS
Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, especially in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)? Do you have rich experience understanding and influencing compute technology choices and building programs to remove obstacles to adoption with public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profits)? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services? Can you envision a future where smarter machines solve complex business problems?
AWS is seeking a seasoned enterprise sales representative to help us establish AWS as the market leader for artificial intelligence, and machine learning services that addresses our World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) customers' needs. As a specialist sales representative for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer's technical strategy. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration of solutions such as Amazon SageMaker, Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Translate, Transcribe, Comprehend.
The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise in AI and ML, a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with AWS sales representatives, solutions architects, and partners. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS Amazon artificial intelligence and machine learning services.
• Accelerate customer adoption of services such as Amazon SageMaker, Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Translate, Transcribe, Comprehend.
• Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
• Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Expect moderate travel.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• BA/BS degree required.
• 5+ years of direct field experience working in the National Security space
• 5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience (or equivalent mission experience)
• 2+ years of experience with AI/ML and related technologies
• Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts.
• Extensive customer network.
• In-depth experience in AI/ML technology, market dynamics, and customer requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast paced environment, and have excellent teamwork skills.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top