Senior Specialist SA, Container Services
- United States
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
This is a role in the Container Services Go-To-Market team that is responsible for growing the adoption of a portfolio of services that includes Amazon Elastic Container Service, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry, and AWS App Mesh. AWS has become the #1 place for you to run containers with 80% of all containers in the cloud run on AWS.
We are looking for experienced and motivated technologists with a passion for solving complex business challenges, defining and building best practices focused on cloud native architectures. As a Senior Specialist Solutions Architect for Container Services, you will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted strategy to accelerate broad pre-sales engineering activities to assist our customers enjoy the benefits of Containers. The SA will facilitate the enablement of market development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition and reference architectures. Your expertise in cloud-native applications will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the container orchestration services provided by AWS. The SA will partner with GTM leaders to understand customer and partner requirements. The SA will work closely across multiple internal and external organizations AWS product engineering, business development, sales, marketing, partners, and container communities to position the AWS platform for customers and partners; and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit to those customers and partners. A keen sense of ownership, bias for action, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a deep understanding of cloud, use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. As a trusted customer advocate, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with customers. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS including Product and Engineering, Marketing, and Professional Services, as well as representing your team to leadership.
Successful candidates will also possess:
• Deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
• A thorough understanding of cloud-native architectures, container orchestration, microservices and operational best practices in the cloud
• Customer facing skills ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization and have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure customers are successful in building and migrating applications, software and services using Container Services
• Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community, especially in regards to Container solutions and patterns
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Container Service solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent. Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• 4+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of advanced Containerized solutions
• 4+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of Continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• 7+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Serverless and Container architecture, design or development
• Deployment and operations of workloads on AWS using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Fargate, Kubernetes or others.
• Working knowledge of software development methodologies
• Strong exposure to and experience in operating container clusters with ECS, Kubernetes, Docker and others
• Strong understanding of the container ecosystem.
• Technical degree preferred; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Excellent verbal skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Back to top