Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. With the launch of AWS Outposts, AWS cloud services can now be deployed in any physical location, including directly into a customer's data center or chosen colocation vendor's facility.
The AWS EC2 Go-To-Market Specialist Team is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, data-driven, business development manager to provide thought leadership, develop solutions, define market targeting strategies, plan demand generation, and deliver enablement programs that drive Outposts business through direct sales channels with our customers in Global Financial Services and have familiarities with financial services industry segments and common use cases. This role will need to internally partner with stakeholders across sales team, engineering team, professional services, partner teams, solution architecture as well as field marketing teams to drive scale and success.
AWS Outposts provides customers with an exciting new option to extend the AWS region including various AWS services directly into their data center or colocation facility, to solve for specific needs around latency, edge computing, or data residency. Unlike competing solutions, Outposts provides a 100% consistent experience for customers in terms of APIs, operational best practices, and via single-pane-of-glass management.
The ideal candidate will possess a skillset that blends sales skills, launch and go-to-market experience, ability to define, launch and scale programs, and a solid understanding of the enterprise datacenter, from purchasing behaviors, to incumbent solutions, to workloads architecture. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of AWS services, platforms, and frameworks in the AWS cloud to customers, CXO-level buyers, ISV's, system integrators, and colocation partners. Finally, the ideal candidate will have a track record and an intimate understanding of how to influence internal & external stakeholders to drive new business and expand adoption.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Analyze and recommend programs for revenue growth for Outposts;
• Provide coaching and Outposts subject-matter-expertise for new opportunities;
• Work closely with account teams to identify and set priorities for engaging customers to improve solution readiness and remove deal obstacles;
• Ensure that all customers are referenceable and enthusiastic supporters of Outposts;
• Develop segmentation and buying pattern strategies for identifying net-new Outposts opportunities through direct and indirect channels;
• Define and participate in events, sales plays, and demand gen programs;
• Collaborate across service/product teams, sales, and APN to assure a consistent GTM motion;
• Define and engage with all customer stakeholders, from IT admin to CIO as appropriate to guide deals to closure;
• Engage with partner technical and business leads to establish the Outposts value proposition, along with integration and solution strategies;
• Serve as an evangelist for the AWS Outposts platform within AWS and externally;
• Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
• Define forecasts, goals, and success criteria. Establish ways to track metrics related to adoption of the AWS Outposts platform, and make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management teams regarding progress and metrics.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Good understanding of application architectures, including servers, storage, networking, and solution-level elements such as disaster protection and resilience strategies;
• An understanding of enterprise cloud adoption obstacles and strategies;
• 5 years of GTM experience, including developing business case, designing and implementing enablement, demand generation, and joint-sales programs with defined goals and success criteria;
• Understanding of key Financial Services segments (banking, payments, capital markets, insurance, ISV) and the applicable use cases.
• A great evangelist and presenter;
• Ability to establish advocacy across department boundaries, including setting goals and tracking deliverables for people in other organizations;
• BS or BA degree
• Good knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing in general;
• Understanding of common enterprise workloads and how they vary in requirements;
• Demonstrated ability to act with a sense of urgency, balanced with diplomacy.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to navigate changing priorities and ambiguities.
• History of adapting to different job roles based on different business needs
• MBA degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.