Senior Sourcing Recruiter
Strategic Sourcing Recruiter
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Cloud Computing is revolutionizing Information Technology. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. AWS is the leader in the global IaaS cloud computing space and is continually growing.
Are you a talent sleuth? Are you passionate about the art/science of sourcing? Can you dive deep within your aligned business group to truly understand the talent needs and translate them into an actionable short and long term sourcing strategy and then deliver? Are you a builder? Do you thrive in high growth ambiguous environments? If these are questions you can confidently answer yes to then this may be a great role for you within our AWS recruiting organization.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Recruiting team is seeking a talented, customer-focused Strategic Sourcing Recruiter to join our recruiting organization. The Strategic Sourcing Recruiter will focus on building and developing the passive talent channels across some of our most impactful customer facing organizations within AWS. Through effective talent pool development, talent market mapping, competitive intelligence and leveraging high quality assessment skills the strategic sourcing recruiter will convert prospects into candidates for our open jobs within AWS. Will also be responsible for building robust talent pools from which we will continually draw talent from as it becomes available over time.
You will be skilled at successfully managing, prioritizing and closing searches against a timeline and have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will do this by drawing from your extensive sourcing knowledge to deeply penetrate and expand the passive talent channels within a profile based recruiting environment. This is a job for a recruiter who loves strategic business engagement and a focus on candidate generation to effectively define and execute a targeted passive candidate sourcing strategy across multiple job profiles within a designated region. In addition to this the strategic sourcer will have deep knowledge around the business groups they support to fully understand the talent needs and how to apply that knowledge into high quality assessment with each candidate they are developing within their designated focus. You will also have a reputation for being exceptional at sourcing talent and looked to as thought leader when it comes to sourcing and managing passive talent pools. As a sourcing thought leader you must also be able to effectively coach others within the team to contribute to the overall sourcing knowledge and success of the team.
- Define and execute a profile based sourcing strategy within a designated geographical region across multiple business segments delivering against your hiring targets
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
- Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Participate and lead special projects/recruiting initiatives when appropriate.
- 5+ years of corporate and or search firm progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research.
- CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates
- MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Deep sourcing skill set that goes beyond LinkedIn or other job boards to find talent.
- Has a head for data and knows how to apply analytics to the sourcing function as needed.
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management and diversity sourcing.
- Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top