Senior Sourcing Manager
- Shenzhen, China
The Amazon Private Brands Global Sourcing team is looking for driven individuals to join the team. This role will be responsible for executing and improving the best practices in Global Sourcing. The interaction touches almost every aspect of Amazon worldwide, including retail, operations, legal, product compliance, transportation, tax, treasury, accounting, graphic design, customer service, public relations etc. The Sourcing Manager role requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. The talented individual will be able to manage the global sourcing process from A to Z including product planning, vendor / item set-up and maintenance, pricing, packaging, assortments and vendor relations. The ability to work in a demanding but collegial, team oriented environment is a must. Data analytical skills with SQL/Tableau and project management experience are both pluses, as is previous management experience. No prior sourcing experience is required for this role. International travel may be necessary.
1. Self-motivated and results driven.
2. Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
3. Knowledge of Amazon's retail tools is a plus.
4. Attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
5. Experience in negotiations, pricing, lean supply chain management, international logistics, product compliance, product development, branding, packaging, and importing are a plus.
6. Understand manufacturing and quality assurance processes.
7. Data analytical skills (SQL especially) and project management skills are major pluses.
• 7 years of professional experience managing factories.
• Bachelor's degree (MBA or Advanced Engineering degree preferred).
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
• Be an expert with respect to product management with a focus on quality and performance.
• Demonstrated knowledge in global sourcing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in organizing, analyzing, and presenting data.
• Excellent negotiating skills.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Must possess or be eligible to obtain a passport and VISA for travel essentials of the job.
Back to top