Senior Solutions Architect, High Performance Computing - Nationwide Opportunities
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to overcome some of the biggest challenges in High Performance Computing (HPC)? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy tackling large analytical problems as massive scale? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Solutions Architect to work with our customers, including Financial Services customers, to craft cloud-based solutions.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges in HPC.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services
• Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts, with emphasis on Financial Services accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
• Serve as a key member of the business development and accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
• Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
• 5+ years experience with high performance computing systems in Life Sciences, Engineering, Manufacturing or Financial Services
• 5+ years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering, physical or life sciences or related discipline
• Working knowledge of HPC schedulers and distributed/parallel file systems, underlying IT systems, and the HPC development process, high throughput and tight coupling approaches
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• An understanding of the cloud computing delivery model as it relates to HPC
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
• Understanding of application, server, and network security
Pursuant to the San Francisco or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top