Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical breadth/depth and strong interpersonal skills. As a Solutions Architect, you will partner some of the world's largest financial services companies, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a small set of global financial services customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record to connect technology to measurable business value. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great & fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with large, global customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the account team, partner with customers to ensure their long-term success by helping them harness the power of AWS services to accelerate their business.
• Formulate and execute a cloud adoption strategy that delights our customers and builds strong relationships that lead to strategic revenue streams that exceed AWS objectives.
• Become a trusted advisor by gaining deep knowledge of AWS services, design patterns and best practices, and sharing that knowledge with clients, other SAs and the wider AWS builder community.
• Act as the voice of the customer for AWS service teams to enhance the AWS platform
• Work with other SAs to develop reusable solutions to common business and architectural problems.
• Educate customers by leading workshops and hands-on classes to demonstrate how to use AWS services.
• Network and build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customer organizations to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blog posts and open source projects, and speak at public events.
• Help hire, on-board and train new SAs via mentorship and builder programs.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 9+ years experience in application/infrastructure architecture, software development, DevOps, or software engineering.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise applications.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience.
• 12+ years software/technology customer facing experience.
• Financial Services experience.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.).
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
• Strong written communication skills.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.