Amazon.com is known as one of the most innovative companies in the world and constantly enters new business domains with new offerings. Have you ever wondered about how such a diverse and dynamic company identifies best practices in system designs, recommends improvements, and applies learnings from one business to another?
Benchmarking is a Service that inspects, measures, and drives improvements to Amazon's global businesses and we are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to help do exactly that plus more.
The Solutions Architect will work as a member of a benchmarking study team, partnering with Product Managers and business leaders. The ideal candidate is hands on and experienced working with: cross-functional teams, pre/post sales and/or field community with enterprise customers (AWS or equivalent), cloud partners for enterprise customers needs, AWS IAAS/PAAS services (e.g. EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, RDS), AI/ML.
He/She will survey the system landscape that supports business processes, determines how data is collected and processed, identifies functional gaps, and works with the study team to develop recommendations, while continuously learning new systems and tools to help design new studies.
This position will be based in HQ2, Virginia. Seattle may be an alternate location.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- For a given benchmark study, evaluate application and architectural models and perform/drive in-depth analysis of systems, data flows processes, and KPIs/metrics about the current state
- Work backwards to help define Benchmarking roadmaps in AWS enterprise customer engagements, sales and migration space
- Develop understanding of business processes, data flows, strategy, and long term thinking to come up with an end-state architecture
- Perform rapid prototyping or proof of concept
- Articulate the findings and supporting data with tech/non-tech Executive leaders
- Develop technology metrics and/or business data that will provide diagnostic view of current state and drive future state changes
- Look ahead and learn the new domains to proactively scope system and technology landscape and prepare for the next business/technical challenge
- Conceptualize and develop automation tools for benchmarking data collection and analytics
- Learn and be curious about the constantly changing Amazon businesses and the competitive environment to help design new studies
- Ability to travel up to 10-15%, including international travel
- CS or Engineering degree with 7+ years of industry experience in information technology, with 3+ years as Technical Project/Program Manager or Solutions Architect
- 3+ years of experience with developing, modeling, and documenting architecture
- 3+ years of experience with AWS services (EC2, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, S3, EBS etc.) or other industry equivalent cloud services
- 3+ years of hands on experience of services oriented architecture, system scalability and reliability, enterprise application integration, operational support issues
- Knowledge with analytics and BI tools
- Certified in either AWS SA Associate, AWS Developer Associate or any other equivalent certification
- Experience with Sales and Marketing applications is a plus
- Experience with cloud IOT platform and technology is a plus
- Familiarity with process improvement methodologies (e.g., DMAIC)
- 2+ years of full-stack software development (frontend and backend services)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us