Senior Solutions Architect
- Calgary, Canada
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas have the potential to change companies, reshape industries, and improve the lives of many. Picture working with cutting-edge technology, the most dynamic business's, and a talented & inclusive team. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-10 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun while making history. Come and help build the future with us as a Solutions Architect.
AWS is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to help advise our Telecommunications customers on how to best adopt and leverage the value of AWS technology. You will bring your deep technical skills related to Telco technologies and cloud computing. Your customer facing skills will enable you to represent AWS not only to customers but to the broader Telco, and Service Provider community, including engineers, developers, & architects. You will bring the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help Telco organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broaden the use of AWS within Telco organizations. The ability to link technology with measurable business value will lead to your success in the role
As a Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate their adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions. You will seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broaden the use of the AWS platform across the customer's organization. You will utilize your ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
The AWS Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing and mentorship opportunities to develop your knowledge of the AWS ecosystem of services and solutions. You will bring a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you achieve results that delight AWS customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Understand the technical/business requirements of each telco service provider's business and IT strategy and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction on how the customer should adopt and take benefit of AWS portfolio
• Collaborate with the Telco Account teams on strategic projects.
• Represent and Promote AWS within the Telecommunications and Service Provider community.
• Contribute to AWS' strategy and understanding of the Telco Market.
• Lead or support technical engagements with the Canada Telco industry.
• Assist Telco partners in designing solutions in customer opportunities.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge for deploying, running and managing Telco solutions on AWS
• Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud.
• Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the AWS platform, in partnership with the
• sales team.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
• in the cloud.
• Contribute to AWS internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge.
• Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs.
• Open to travel within the city or province and up to 25% out of province as required for customer meetings.
• AWS training during on-boarding process, (typically first 3 months) can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days.
We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.
• 10+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting experience in the software or Internet industries and demonstrate a strong understanding of Telco applications, technologies, and networking.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
• Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting.
• Demonstrated knowledge in architecting, deploying, and the operation of Telco solutions.
• Past experience working directly in Telco implementations is highly desirable.
• Past experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers desirable.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top