Senior Solutions Architect, AWS Storage Technologies
- Munich, Germany
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Storage Solutions Architect to guide our customers on data storage best practices and to help shape the future growth of our storage services. As a storage Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for our customers.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Storage Business Development and Sales teams to enable large-scale customer use cases and to help drive the adoption of AWS storage services.
Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for our customers by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our storage services.
As our portfolio of storage services continues to grow, you will leverage your passion for learning to come up to speed quickly. As an SME, you will be called upon frequently to present to customers and other AWS teams. To help our field teams understand how to integrate AWS storage options into customer architectures, you will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Enable the AWS SA community to design cost-optimized, secure, scalable, storage architectures
• Help AWS customers adopt well-architected storage solutions
• Build technical trusted advisor relationships with internal and external customers
• Refine best practices around storage services and solutions
• Influence service roadmaps by identifying customer trends
• Understanding of Storage, application, server, and network security is required
• The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and storage and networking implementation including security and compliance
• Advisory/consulting experience, including some experience with global accounts and large commercial customers.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Business fluent English and German
• Proven experience with IT network architectures, including layers and protocols (Ethernet, BGP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, VPN, VLAN...)
• Experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of data center networking environment
• Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
• Professional experience architecting/operating cloud solutions
• Understanding of AWS Storage Services such as S3, Glacier, Elastic File System (EFS), AWS Storage Gateway (SGW), and Snowball. Use of AWS in production a plus.
• Understands the role that networking plays in complex storage architectures
• Technical enablement experience through content creation and speaking engagements
• Scripting experience (Powershell, Python, bash, etc.)
• Bachelors or equivalent work experience
• Comfortable speaking to large audiences
• Experience with enterprise IT storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications
Back to top