Do you want to join a team of creative and talented engineers, product managers, and solutions architects who are building and operating a world class high-performance storage service? The Amazon FSx for Lustre team is growing fast and we need your help to push the boundaries of the fastest cloud storage on AWS!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. AWS's code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. Launched at Re:Invent in November 2018, Amazon FSx for Lustre is an AWS service that makes it easy for customers to launch and run high-performance file systems in the cloud. With Amazon FSx, in just minutes you can provision a Lustre parallel file system that can process massive data sets at up to hundreds of gigabytes per second of throughput, millions of IOPS, and sub-millisecond latencies. Our customers solve compute-intensive problems in a wide variety of industries, including genomics, media & entertainment, machine learning, autonomous vehicles, financial analysis and more, and they love it!
As a Solutions Architect for Amazon FSx for Lustre, you will play a leadership role in evangelizing FSx for Lustre internally and externally, be a technical leader for customer POCs, help build an internal technical community specialized in our file services, and help drive the product roadmap.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Boston office, but we're also flexible when people need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're looking for a new member of the leadership team who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
This is a full-time position and is based in our Boston, MA office located in the Seaport District with parking, easy T access to South Station, and a beautiful view of Boston Harbor.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale enterprise solutions
• Experience in technical consulting and architecture with large-scale engagements
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Deep experience with IT storage architectures, and how SAN and NAS solutions integrate into large-scale production applications.
• Experience with replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity storage practices.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .