Senior Solutions Architect
- Toronto, Canada
Do you enjoy helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to be part of a team that redefines how non-profit organizations (NPOs) approach technology? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading a large technology paradigm shift, and you could be part of that excitement, building mind-share, establishing customer trust and nurturing AWS adoption. You would be a Senior Solutions Architect (SA) for our Ontario NP customers. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members also. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
As an SA, you will own customer technical engagements, diving deep with them and being hands-on with technology. You will evangelize and educate, remove technical sales blockers through knowledge transfer and partnerships, define implementations, and transition architectures. The SA has technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, application architectures and implementation. You will use these to develop expertise in AWS, including deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated.
The SA possesses customer-facing skills that represent AWS well and that enable and drive discussions with senior public-sector technical and non-technical leaders. You will also use your technical background to guide and collaborate with software developers and infrastructure architects. Strategic thinking will be an important asset: influencing and engaging customers eagerly as they think about long-term business, mission, product, and technical challenges.
• Open to travel, up to 15% of the time when required for customer meetings
• AWS training during onboarding process can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days; this is typically in your first 3 months of Amazon employment
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives is crucial to your happiness and success at Amazon, so we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life.
• 10+ years of technical-industry work experience, to include experience with governments or their partners
• Experience architecting technical solutions, ensuring the design and implementation of distributed applications, databases and networks
• 4-year college/university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar fields; in lieu of degree, we will also consider additional work experience
• AWS certifications or other external, industry-recognized architectural certifications
• Understanding of government compliance, security frameworks and regulations
• Technical pre-sales or sales experience
• Experience with public-sector customers, ideally NPOs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
• Experience working with or for solutions integrators
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top