Senior Solution Design Manager-Airfreight
- London, United Kingdom
The Global Mile Cross Border Exports team is seeking qualified candidate in our Global Supply Chain Design team. Amazon.com reaches customers around the globe on all seven continents, and are in need of individuals who want to help ensure a fast cost effective solution to delivering packages to every far reach of the world. Do you obsess over how to improve processes to deliver a superior customer experience? Do the words "that can't be done", drive you to find a solution for how "that can be done"? Do you desire a career that will focus on how to globalize the B2C delivery service and set the new standard for the balance of the industry to envy? Do you thrive off of detailed data analysis to develop optimized processes and drive continuous improvement of those processes? If these characteristics describe you, then come join the Amazon.com Cross Border Exports team and help make the world smaller...one package at a time.
The team is looking for a strong candidate for the role of Senior Product Manager to lead global supply chain design of several high-impact strategic initiatives by working with business owners, product managers and leaders across the organization. The candidate will partner with Amazon FC, Sort Center network teams, freight forwarders, custom brokers and last mile carriers to design a strategic supply chain for our customers around the world. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a program/product management function at a large global organization (preferably in logistics or e-commerce space) managing large-scale, complex and time-sensitive projects. The individual will need to be persuasive, organized, and possess strong and proven communication skills. It is very important that he/she can engage and work well across all functional areas while influencing without authority. The successful candidate will thrive off waking up daily and determining how well we performed to our goals, and how we satisfied our customers today. Knowledge of air freight, customs clearance, and parcel carrier operations and processes is a plus.
• Bachelors Degree
• Familiarity with international parcel logistic and customs clearance processes
• 10+ years in supply chain, logistics, transportation or applicable experience
• Strong analytical skills and business judgment
• SQL proficiency
• Proficiency in data mining and extrapolation
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and similar reporting tools
• Strong communication ability in both written and verbal formats.
• Master's degree (Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Distribution, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics)
• Familiarity with international air freight, parcel logistic and customs clearance processes
• Specific knowledge of cross border regulations, carriers and logistics infrastructure.
• SQL, Data Analysis and Excel savvy.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with both technical and business people; ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience both upwards and down
• Excellent people skills to guarantee cross functional alignments and process implementations.
• Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural and matrix environment and to work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Back to top