Senior Solution Architect - VMware Cloud on AWS, France
- Puteaux, France
Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills and business acumen to help customers successfully leverage AWS and VMware technologies to transform their business?
VMware Cloud on AWS is an integrated cloud offering jointly developed by AWS and VMware delivering a highly scalable, secure and innovative service that allows organizations to seamlessly migrate and extend their on-premises VMware vSphere-based environments to the AWS Cloud running on next-generation Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) bare metal infrastructure. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical AWS and VMware experts specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS to join the EMEA Specialist Solutions Architect team. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to run VMware's Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack and leverage VMware's virtualization and management software to seamlessly deploy and manage VMware workloads across their on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS environments.
The ideal candidate have technical knowledge of and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, and vSAN, a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing, and a deep understanding of AWS services such as Amazon EC2, VPC, and DirectConnect. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible with both AWS and VMware as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team.
As a trusted customer advocate, you'll need to understand best practices around advanced AWS and VMware solutions. You will build and architect solutions for a broad range of customer use cases such as hybrid architectures, migration and application modernization initiatives. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Candidates must have the ability to earn the trust of AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of cloud computing.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Previous experience consulting on, managing and/or deploying VMware technologies, with hands-on configuration and building experience
• Broad experience with related technologies including data centre networks and network topologies, software architecture and experience building complex software systems
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executive
• Proven ability to collaborate across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
• Fluency in English and French
• A degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics or equivalent experience
• Previous experience consulting on, managing and/or deploying AWS technologies,
• DevOps experience with AWS and/or VMware technologies
• Related industry certification such as; AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional) or VMware professional level certification (VCP, VCIX, VCDX)
• Proven experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a track record of successful engagements
Back to top