As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect within the Strategic Accounts segment you are responsible for partnering with our most valuable customers to design cloud architectures utilizing AWS services. You have strong technical depth, business aptitude, and the ability to lead in-depth technology discussions, articulating the business value of the AWS platform and services. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for engaging with Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Cloud Architects, Directors, VP's and CXOs.
You will be part of a culture of innovation where you'll use AWS services to help our customers solve business challenges such as rapidly releasing products/services to the market or building an elastic, scalable, cost optimized application. Enable innovation through continuous deployment in DevOps, build highly scalable web & mobile applications with data store technologies including MySQL, AWS Aurora, and NoSQL (e.g., AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra). Help our customers design their IoT strategy and architecture or enable data-driven decision making through technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, EMR, RedShift, and Kinesis.
As a core member of the account team, you will drive revenue growth across a specific customer. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand and implement advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to shape and execute a strategy to build knowledge and broad use of AWS. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure and network architecture, DevOps, or software engineering
• 3+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience managing technical programs at Fortune 500 companies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.