Excited about robotics, and how it will be used in our every day lives? The Amazon Consumer Robotics group is pushing the boundaries of what's possible, making the future closer than ever.
Astro is Amazon's first household robot to use AI and Intelligent Motion to gracefully and intuitively interact with people and spaces. It is a different kind of robot, one that's designed to help customers with a range of tasks like home monitoring and keeping in touch with family. It brings together new advancements in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor technology, voice and edge computing in a package that's designed to be helpful and convenient.
We are working on a V1 product that has the potential to transform people's day to day lives. This is a unique opportunity to disrupt the industry and introduce a new product category to customers. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning software to solve real-world challenges. As a "Senior Software Quality Assurance Manager" you have an opportunity to lead a talented and diverse group of QA Managers and Engineers. You are the focal point around which we and ship this exciting new product. The team has a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and innovation-based testing problems. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Robotics.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are someone who has passion for shipping products and you have demonstrated for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has the courage of conviction. They are quick on their feet, take solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your of building teams, processes, and tools will be extremely handy in this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and solutions that will influence several hundreds of engineering resources. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. Most importantly, you are able to lead by example and grow your team. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of a consumer product, you will enjoy this role. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on manager who can build a high performing team and is obsessed with quality improvement. This role has VP level visibility and it will your skills of abstraction and attention to detail, at the same time. The role also sets you up for bigger opportunities in the QA world.
• Build and lead a team of highly performant QA/SDETs that will help ship the V1 product we are building
• Create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the delivery of the product.
• Manage automation roadmap for the product.
• Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
• Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
• Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data.
• Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Consumer Device or SW Launch
• 15+ years of industry experience
• 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
• 7+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
• Experience in test automation
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Experience with standard QA and development tools
• Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies,
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Experience in or C programing languages
• Experience with based automation frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve coverage and effectiveness.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.