Senior Software QA Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible to innovate and drive new Quality initiatives, establish new test frameworks and processes for testing new device and OS, find ways to leverage and scale to deliver without compromising quality and efficiency, establish quality metrics and best practices for the team. You will lead the team by example as a quality leader who is customer obsessed, thinks big and delivers result without compromising the quality. To do this, you will have the most advanced tools at your disposal; however, we expect you to bring new ideas and innovation to build/leverage as needed. You will be responsible for looking to the future and identifying what the team will need to test experiences that were not thought possible today. You will collaborate with team, own and drive the quality of new products and SW releases.
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering [or in lieu of a Master's degree, at least a Product experience with wireless consumer electronics
• Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks while driving processes to reduce manual test coverage.
• Demonstrated expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
• Hands-on experience in testing Linux and/or Android-based devices
• Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Experience writing code for multitasking operating system
• Audio background preferred
Back to top