Senior Software Manager, Anomaly Services
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a senior software development manager to help us drive the future direction, implementation and delivery of the software systems at the core of how we manage our Network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about producing innovative software products to change the way that networks are operated. You build high quality, highly usable, scalable, always-on services. You're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
In this position, you'll do these things:
- Lead and grow teams of great people, both through direct leadership and through other leaders
- Create, enhance, and run the services that provide our operators the tools they need to quickly diagnose and remediate any network problem; from intuitive user interfaces that surface the data required, to workflow systems that automate parts or all of the remediation process
- Define and manage the roadmap for your services - including brand new ones - in consultation with all of your stakeholders
- Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operations
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer working on challenging software projects
- 5+ years of experience building and leading successful software development teams in extremely fast-paced environments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years leading leaders
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with building robust distributed systems that scale and are always on
- Experience with the networking domain and related technologies
- Experience with developing and maintaining software for Internet-based services
- Experience with systems engineering and operations of Internet services
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top