Senior Software Engineer - Visual Search & AR
- New York, NY
VISUAL SEARCH AND AUGMENTED REALITY
Interested in Augmented Reality? Do you want to work on a team that is changing how people shop with their mobile devices? Based in Palo Alto, our team is responsible for building computer-vision based solutions for shopping - from using the phone's camera to search for a product to previewing it in your own living space using AR. Our solutions are available in the Amazon Mobile Shopping app and used by millions of people worldwide every day. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, deep learning, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems. Our team has amazing software engineers, scientists, program managers, designers and product managers. We all share a single mission: Build the world's best visual shopping experiences.
In this role, you will be a senior member of the team, driving design decisions that requires coordination with multiple teams across Amazon. To be the right fit, you will have worked on all n-tiers of a responsive web app, with large amounts of data. You are into doing front-end widgets well, and can also build a scalable database repository, and define an API that is used by a comprehensive suite of tools across the company - you are a solid full-stack engineer. You will participate in all parts of the software development process. You'll take high-level, ambiguous business requirements and turn them into reliable production features/systems. You will have the opportunity to make changes to the Amazon mobile shopping app and desktop site which are used by Millions of customers to view Billions of our product pages every year. You will solve hard computer science problems and help the business every day. We are looking for a person with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. Successful candidate must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast-paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
You will love:
• Joining a great group of motivated, top-notch people and working with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun and collaborative environment.
• Seeing your solutions used by millions of customers, at Amazon scale.
• Helping people find things in a way no one has searched before.
• Culture of creative problem solving, intellectual design, fast-pacedevelopment, and passionate product delivery, making this a great place to achieve all of your goals.
• Mentoring junior engineers/interns on design and coding best practices.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors in Computer Science, or related discipline.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java/Scala/Go/C#/Python on Unix/Linux.
• Working knowledge of at least one of the frameworks: AngularJS, React or Vue.js
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals in objected oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Experience developing software on Linux.
• Experience building services and familiarity with web technologies.
• Masters in Computer Science.
• Familiarity with AR Core/AR Kit and AR Quick Look.
• Familiarity with WebGL.
• Industry experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Elasticsearch/Gremlin).
• Familiarity with AWS services and technologies (or equivalent: Azure, Google Cloud).
• Excellent written and spoken English.
Back to top