Senior Software Engineer - Twitch Crates
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment and our Commerce engineering team builds key services which allow thousands of creative broadcasters to monetize among the millions of Twitch viewers. Our work is at the center of the rapidly growing "gig economy" which allows these creators to earn part or all of their income by producing high quality content on Twitch.
Twitch Crates was introduced earlier this year as part of our Game Commerce strategy and we are looking for engineers who want to take it to the next level and scale it across other dimensions on Twitch. Crates provides additional value to viewers engaging on Twitch, as well as more interesting and unique ways for Broadcasters, Game Developers and other influencers to reach their audience and monetize their content.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Brainstorm with designers, product managers and engineers to design new features
- Collaborate closely with your team on architecture, implementation, problem solving and overcoming obstacles
- Mentor junior and new team members
- Level up the organization around you through engineering best practices
- Obsessively care about the customer's experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building scalable web applications.
- Strong CS fundamentals and rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Comfort working in different parts of the stack
- Experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You are intellectually curious, passionate, inventive, and eager to grow.
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Avid user of Twitch or passion for video games
- Experience scaling architecture
- Experience working with large and complex datasets
- Cloud-based application development and deployment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top