Senior Software Engineer (SDE III), Amazon Devices - Cross Product
- Denver, CO
Amazon Devices - the team behind the best-selling Amazon Echo, Alexa, Kindle E-reader, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Cloud Cam and Dash Button product lines-is seeking a seasoned software engineers to join the Amazon Devices Sales and Marketing team to develop technology that help scale the Amazon Devices business.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will define the technology strategy for all products within our team which includes: 1) a portfolio of pricing tools that enable Amazon Devices pricing strategy 2) Scaling and personalizing marketing efforts on and off Amazon.com 3) internal tooling responsible for the creation of Amazon Devices product detail pages 4) a portal and set of services responsible for enabling promotional efforts between business development and 3rd party offline retailers (e.g. Best Buy, Verizon, Sirus, etc.).
You will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to deep dive into the business and technology problems related to our portfolio of products, understanding the gaps that exist in our current tools, and work within our team and with partner teams to design best in class solutions. You will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces. You will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solutions. You will own portions of software deliverables including major critical path code from your designs while finding opportunities to grow and mentor the team around you. You will collaborate with other engineering leads and guide the team on software development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build. You will own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team of SDEs and Front End Engineers to execute them. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• 7+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 7+ years of experience with best practices in C, C++ or Java
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Design and architecture expertise as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Back to top