Senior Software Engineer - Robotics
- Bengaluru, India
A part of Amazon Robotics' Artificial Intelligence, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to 'see' and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
The Canvas Infrastructure team accelerates the development of autonomous mobility solutions by creating, maintaining and deploying reusable components and services. We integrate state-of-the-art perception and mobility systems to deliver the software stack of an autonomous cart that can work frugally with people in dynamic environments, providing a clear user experience that earns trust, and is a reliable component of any workcell. Other software teams rely on our message passing, logging, debugging and visualization libraries to develop high-performance systems, and take advantage of our bar-raising Continuous Integration pipelines that provide static, dynamic and performance analysis to effectively ensure code quality.
We work closely with all teams in the Software organization, from Perception to Hardware or Mobility, to deliver safe autonomous movement of goods. We are seeking a seasoned Senior Software Engineer with background in functional programming language such as Elixir to work in our core robotics team.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, design, and implement robotic software applications, infrastructure, and tools.
- Create robust, high-quality, well-tested software.
- Improve, design and implement libraries used by other teams.
- Identify and solve system bottlenecks, with a particular emphasis on latency.
- Debug complex system issues.
- Identify, instrument and monitor critical metrics.
- Foster a learning environment that constantly raises the bar for all software teams.
- Provide high quality code reviews.
- Integrate new sensors.
• Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
• 8+ years of practical software engineering experience with good background in functional programming. Experience with object-oriented design using C++.
• Elixir experience.
• Experience in software design and architecture.
• Proficiency developing production-quality software
• A passion for delighting our customers, no matter how complex or simple the solution.
• Master's or advanced Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.Advanced Math background in linear algebra and calculus (for example 3D graphics, projection, reconstruction, filtering, estimators, etc.)
• AWS experience.
• Familiarity with language constructs included in modern versions of C++
• Familiarity with hardware-software integration of sensors, motor controllers and embedded systems.
• Expertise building and testing real-time systems.
• Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems
This position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age
Back to top