Recommendations Service is the backbone of personalization at Amazon. Each second, our service receives hundreds of thousands of requests and ultimately decides what is displayed to the customer and what isn't. Our mission is to enable hundreds of other teams to quickly launch new, innovative customer experiences. We do this by building self-service tools and maintaining a highly available backend service. As an engineer on the Recommendations Service Backend team, you will own Recommendations Service. Since we are a central piece of the call stack for most pages at Amazon, you will be in a position to have massive impact on the company's resiliency, latency, and depth of personalization within experiences. You'll also have opportunities to work with the Recommendations Service Tools team to drive self-service tool changes that enable new features for our internal customers.
If you are excited about enabling hundreds of teams to launch new personalization experiments, working with modern full-stack technologies, and want to have massive impact on millions of customers, this is the job for you. You are enthusiastic, self-driven, and have a track record of delivering great products. If that sounds like you, please talk to us! We are building the next generation of self-service for the engine that powers personalized content at the largest internet retailer on Earth.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• MS in Computer Science or a related field
• Industry experience related to distributed computing and large scale services
• Strong product management skills, comfortable with significant ambiguity
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation