Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you envisioned an opportunity to develop software for the core wireless and networking for an advanced global broadband telecom service via both space and terrestrial networks? The Project Kuiper's Networking Infrastructure & Systems Software team is developing an SDN based full stack (routing, forwarding, control, data and distribution planes) for an end-to-end system of Low Earth Orbit satellites, customer terminals, ground gateways, Cloud services and terrestrial network infrastructure that connects into public and private networks.
These systems include resource management, full routing, topology management & forwarding, L2 encapsulated switching and monitoring needed to operate a highly available broadband telecom service.
• Take responsibility for designing and delivering a modern, flexible, high throughput, low latency data distribution network protocol architecture spanning space and ground segments.
• Lead and implement custom routing and L2 control data distribution protocols that incorporate mission critical network security, quality of service and dynamic communications infrastructures for best-in-class network services that delight our customers.
• Develop flexible and cost-effective inter-networking solutions in support of connecting and peering with other public and private networks.
• Help on-board and mentor new team members.
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or 6+ years of equivalent work experience
• 5+ years delivering software in a production environment
• Experience in developing distributed software systems in C/C++, Rust, Golang or Python on Linux
• Experience with building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Experience in a lead role, including guiding and mentoring other developers
• Experience in L2/L3 Ethernet switching, Data Plane forwarding, Routing/transport protocols or QoS/Traffic Management for large scale, high performance, high availability systems
• Experience with DPDK, containers and host based forwarding planes, or experience with low-level programming for embedded systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us