Senior Software Engineer - FireTV
- Seattle, WA
The Digital Media Catalog provides an authoritative video metadata for all of Amazon. We are a single catalog that ingests, merges and curates Video on Demand and Live Video metadata from multiple providers and sources. We are the critical component that powers user experiences on Fire TV, Alexa Video, Prime Video and IMDb Freedive.
We are looking for passionate Sr. SDEs who can take the lead in innovating and building the next generation of solutions for ingesting, organizing, curating and publishing data from hundreds of external providers. In this position you will work on reducing latency, improving the freshness and quality of data.
Some of the major initiatives in our roadmap for 2020 include:
• Rearchitecting end-to-end pipeline to optimize performance for content ingestion, processing and publishing; building monitoring systems and optimization tools.
• Building mechanisms to ensure high quality of the ingested data, such as automated merging and curation tools utilizing machine learning algorithms, provider quality monitoring solutions and manual curation tools.
• Extending the catalog with reach metadata ingestion and integration (such as teams and players data for sport content, cast data for movies and series etc.) for contextual search and suggestions, enhancing catalog data with popularity ratings etc.
Roles in DMC offer:
• Opportunity for a huge impact: The metadata we provide powers the way millions of Amazon customers watch video. Search, personalization and many other innovative features depend on the quality of catalog data.
• Opportunity for learning and innovation: If you are looking for big impactful projects where you can learn and innovate in big data technologies such as Spark / EMR and Machine Learning, DMC has a whole roadmap worth of them.
• Opportunity for career growth: As our team sits at the heart of the video experience across multiple products, our engineers work with and influence multiple teams and organizations
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java or C#
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience with AWS technologies, big data technologies and Machine Learning
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top