Do you want to help shape the future of running compute servers on the Amazon Web Services cloud?
EC2 Security is hiring Software Development Engineers to make the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the safest place to do business. You will join our team as an experienced contributor, building the next generation of Operation tooling technology. You will work closely with some pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handle large-scale, highly available distributed systems.
We look for Senior Software Development Engineers who are passionate about working in cutting-edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-to-end solutions. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced software engineer excited to work on cloud-scale software and a proven track record of architecting and building low-level software in Linux.
• Be responsible for owning multiple services, architecting them to scale, and have robust unit tests and metrics
• Mentor and lead junior engineers and guide them towards good software development techniques
• Be a leader in the team and within EC2 around cloud security, operational tooling and automation
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership
• Conduct deep code reviews and find design flaws, and think long-term about driving down operational cost
• Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context, and implementing fixes to ensure that an issue will never happen again
• Stay abreast of new techniques, tools, and methodologies used to solve cloud security and Operation tooling problems
If this sounds like you consider joining our EC2 Security and Operations Tooling team. We're a dedicated, thoughtful, fun crew of Engineers who build services and tools. You will work directly with EC2 Security Engineers, Software Developers, Architects and Leadership to design and implement new tools and services at scale.
In this position, you will enjoy a very competitive salary, great benefits, a work environment with an innovation culture, and exciting opportunities to make history, have great fun and be part of the fastest-growing technology company on earth.
Join us in Seattle at our head office; Amazon makes relocation simple!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree or 10+ year's equivalent technology experience.
• 7+ years programming in Java, Ruby, C/C++, C#, Perl, Python or other scripting/programming language.
• Experience using, administering, and deploying a variety of operating systems (especially Linux or UNIX variants)
• Experience in mission critical services, in depth understanding of operational excellence
• Passion for delivery a great customer experience for Amazon EC2 customers
• Results Oriented demonstrated track record of delivering high quality software.
• Ability to inspire passion in others experience leading software development projects.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Deep knowledge (demonstrated by answers to coding questions) of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Data analysis skills using SQL/No-SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us