Interested in solving complex software engineering problems at scale? The AWS Developer Tools team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our talented team building a next-generation Software Development Lifecycle Management product. We are seeking builders to be technical design leaders on one of the fundamental aspects of the new product.
This role relies on your ability to design systems and develop, test and launch a highly scalable product to AWS customers. You will design and build the architecture, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience. You are expected to influence product definition and leverage your technical skills to drive towards the right solution.
The ideal candidate
• Has experience designing large-scale systems and is familiar with horizontal scaling, high throughput and massive, rapidly growing data sets
• enjoys solving complex software problems, and possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills
• has an in-depth understanding in SDLC areas like IDE's, source code management, CI/CD, and compliance solutions
• is knowledgeable in distributed systems, ideally event-driven architectures, graph databases and workflow engines
• loves collaborating with senior leaders to design and build a large-scale AWS product from scratch
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Fluency with Java, Typescript, Kotlin or similar languages
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem-solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Experience building SDLC products and services
• Experience operating highly available services
• Experience building policy-driven task flow auditing and enforcement frameworks
Locations include Seattle (WA), Arlington (VA), and NYC.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.