Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Do you enjoy working on core distributed systems and deal with problems of consensus, consistency, durability and availability? Are you interested in building a massive scale distributed system that runs on several thousands of nodes and can be resilient in different situations like infrastructure failures, network partitions, etc? We are looking for senior engineers to help us design & build a highly distributed and federated data store to serve the needs of the largest block storage service in the world - AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS). EBS delivers high performance virtualized storage "in the cloud" for EC2 and Amazon Web Services.
If you have ever pondered about CAP theorem or Paxos Algorithm, this is a great opportunity to get your hands dirty and help build a real-world solution implementing these concepts. An ideal candidate would possess solid analytical, design, problem solving skills and expertise with high-performance systems design. Your responsibilities will include
- Design, develop and operate scalable systems end-to-end.
- Work with team members on day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code reviews and implementation
- Mentor other engineers
Consult the following links to find out more about the exciting work being done in Elastic Block Store.
What is EBS and what do we do?
AWS blog post about larger and faster EBS volumes:
CrowdStrike re:Invent presentation about running Cassandra on EBS:
How Amazon Web Services Uses Formal Methods:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java.
- Strong system design and architecture skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a tech lead role in large and complex software projects.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers.
- Experience building storage and large scale distributed system.
Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top