Millions of customers, from individual developers to large enterprises, interact within the AWS Platform by using the AWS Management Console. The AWS Management Console is their introduction to AWS, and for many, their primary interface to accomplish a wide variety of tasks. It is our job to maintain and improve this experience, constantly innovating with rapid design and experimentation leveraging well-established mechanisms for gathering and understanding user behavior and feedback. The AWS Management Console is managed by the AWS Console Experience team
The AWS Console Experience team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to take on the challenge of building and owning the platform at the heart of Cloud Computing. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and creating innovative full stack technical solutions that tailor to our diverse customer base. If you are passionate about taking full advantage of building experience using open source technologies, and AWS services to help drive the future of the AWS Console Experience, we'd love to hear from you!
#aws #awsplatform #aws.team-console
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms)
• Hands-on experience in developing large-scale resilient and sustainable web applications deployed to millions of customers
• Work experience in writing clear and readable code, articulating designs to a technically diverse audience, performing code reviews for teammates, contributing towards a CI/CD infrastructure, and triaging production issues
• Experience working with geographically diverse teams in multiple timezones
• 7+ years software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems and web technologies
• 3+ years of work experience in using Amazon Web Services to deploy Cloud-related solutions
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Passion for simplicity and building highly leveraged reusable software platforms, components and APIs
• 1+ years of experience with modern client side web development technologies with at least one of the following: React, Angular, Polymer, Ember, Meteor, or equivalent.
• Completed course(s) equivalent to AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.