Are you interested in building state of the art scalable data platform that will power AWS Machine Learning services making a lasting impact on society?
The AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is looking for talented software development engineers who has the passion to tackles ambiguous and challenging problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products like Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) and Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/).
The mission of the AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is to build an end to end data platform (data collection, selection/active learning, annotation and training) and computer vision specific annotation UIs to deliver high quality training datasets at scale. The team leverages multiple AWS services and Machine Learning platforms like AWS Sagemaker, practice serverless architecture, manages Big data and works on front end technologies like React.js, Redux, HTML5 Canvas
In Senior Software Engineer role, you will:
• Design and build scalable systems to handle millions of items and 10x data growth
• Partner with research team to innovate and solve Computer Vision data needs using ML solutions
• Lead small to midsize complex project from requirements through launch
• Work closely with data scientists and senior engineers to develop the best technical designs and solutions
• Write high quality code that are modular, functional, testable and extendable
• Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations
• Solve complex architecture and business problems
• Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• 5+ years industry experience as a software development engineer or similar
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Strong focus on clean code and robust design.
• Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.