Senior Software Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
The Selection team in SCOT (Supply Chain Optimization Technology) is looking for a passionate and talented Software Engineer with an interest data science to help build industry-leading causal inference and machine learning solutions. Our charter is to decide what is being sold by Amazon.com. As one component of the famous Amazon Flywheel, Selection is strategically important to our topline growth. We are responsible for thought leadership and innovation to develop new solutions for optimizing Amazon's selection, better serving our customers. We build the models to make these selection decisions, driven by signals such as historical search and sales data, understanding of item economics, and product substitutability and complementarity.
This is an opportunity to join our growing Seattle-based team focused on product substitution, leveraging Amazon's rich data sources and large-scale AWS computing resources to create product relationship knowledge and insert it into automated decision-making in our global supply chain. Responsibilities include the design, development, and maintenance of systems that processes billions of records to understand customer behaviors and generate substitution-aware supply chain decisions. You will partner with a diverse group of Business Leaders, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to document requirements, develop feature roadmaps, and deliver results. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You will mentor other engineers, set the team operating rhythm and procedures, and chart a clear development roadmap. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery, and develop themselves as people leaders.
• MS in Computer Science or BS and equivalent work experience
• 6+ years experience in software development
• Experience architecting long-lived, business-critical data and model pipelines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Deep knowledge of systems and architectures
• Experience with data science and machine learning algorithms
• Experience with AWS data-centric technologies
• Experience working closely with product managers to deliver on feature roadmaps
• 2+ years management experience
Back to top