Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale.
Business Data Technologies (BDT), within eCF, provides the software capabilities that enable real-time big data analytics and machine learning models within Amazon. We support tens of thousands of users within Amazon, processing and storing hundreds of petabytes of data. BDT is developing innovative products including the next-generation of data catalog, computation, data discovery engine with a focus to ensure real-time insights can fuel innovation for our end customers. Join us in pioneering the future of big data processing and developing analytics solutions for one of the largest and most complex enterprises in the world!
This is a hands-on technical leadership position where you will be do everything from design, build and manage highly scalable and reliable services to influencing AWS on their future roadmaps, mentor other engineers and work with our customers to innovate on their behalf. If you have a real passion for large-scale distributed computing, data management challenges of today's federated data lakes and optimizations in workflows for machine learning and deep learning systems then you will love what we do.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand the customer requirements and translate them into technical requirements and detailed system architecture and design
- Develop and deliver services and systems that are reliable and scalable
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- Lead innovation and research in the big data analytics space for our organization
- Mentor other engineers in technical design, operational excellence and development best practices
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related program.
- 6+ years relevant industry experience with work in distributed systems
- Experience in Java, C++, C# or other object oriented language.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and working in an Agile environment
- MSc degree in Computer Science or related program.
- Experience with highly scalable systems and processing huge amounts of data.
- Experience building distributed systems.
- Expertise on AWS Tech (SWF, Step Functions, Lambda, EMR, etc.)