Senior Software Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced software engineer to join the Amazon Robotics Workcell Infrastructure team in Toronto, Canada. You will join a team that is building the technology that allows Amazon to quickly and efficiently integrate, control, and operate all types of robotics and machine automation equipment in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) running at the core of Amazon's fulfillment operations. You will help build and evolve new automation-software infrastructure that will be used by teams across Amazon to build flexible and resilient systems for communicating and coordinating the work of robots and smart devices.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or other algorithmic-centric discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience developing production level software in core Java, C++ or other Object Oriented language
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with multithreading and concurrency
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
• Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
• Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• 12+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
Back to top