Senior Software Engineer- AWS Pinpoint (Serverless, Global Digital User Engagement)
- Seattle, WA
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, Big Data, mobile applications, and digital user engagement?
We are looking for senior software engineers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale distributed systems with global impact. You will get a unique opportunity to build new microservices at AWS scale. Our service is built on different AWS services including Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo, SNS, Athena, and QuickSight.
You will build next generation cloud technologies that leverage big data and machine learning to improve user engagement with mobile apps and web applications. The messaging and targeting services you build will power the world's leading social media, gaming, sports, educational, and consumer applications. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dive deep into emerging serverless AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, scalability, security, and the customer perspective in the course of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed microservices, serverless computing, and performance engineering. Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Our team members thrive in a hands-on environment where everyone actively participates in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
Amazon Pinpoint makes it easy to run targeted campaigns to improve user engagement. Pinpoint helps you understand your users' behavior, define who to target, what messages to send, when to deliver them, and tracks the results of the campaign. Pinpoint enables real-time analytics with dashboards for analyzing user engagement, monetization, user demographics, custom events, and funnels so you can understand how users engage with your application. You can analyze and understand your user data by drilling down based on the segments you've defined, segmentation attributes, or time.
Learn more about our business at https://aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
• 6+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support building scalable distributed system software and/or services
• Proficient in one or more core languages (e.g. Java, C, C++)
• Proficient in one or more version control software platforms (e.g. Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Master Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• A strong "roll up your sleeves" mentality. You dive into ambiguous problems in order to ensure the best customer experience.
• Test automation framework experience across multiple platforms
• Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and knowing how and when to utilize these in production systems at scale
• Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• A sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top