Are you excited to solve problems at the cutting edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features at the core of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? If so come work for us in EC2 Networking!
EC2 Networking is crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon, and we are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. The EC2 Networking team is looking for talented software engineers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space.
We want people who are passionate about writing software for managing large dynamic networks. If you are an engineer with a solid background of delivering innovative solutions, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years industry experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of software development in C or C++
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, software architecture, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Prefer 9-13 years experience
- Strong understanding of both network hardware and packet forwarding architecture
- Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP networking protocols
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
- Passion for great customer experience and quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills