Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post http://amazon.com/scout
As a Senior Software Development Engineer specializing in computer vision and machine learning, you have the chance to help develop cutting-edge technology that will have a positive impact on customers.
In this job you will:
• Collaborate with top-notch research scientists, software development engineers and hardware engineers to build high-quality production code
• Design and implementation of neural networks to fuse data from multiple sensors and solve key tasks
• Contribute to design and implementation of computer vision algorithms for semantic segmentation, object detection,
• Contribute to larger system architecture planning and development process led by project or team architects
You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on complex systems, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at Amazon scale.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 7+ years of experience with major time designing and building automation frameworks
• 7+ years of experience developing software with C++ or Python.
• 7+ years of software development experience in robotics
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building mission critical, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/usWe believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.