Amazon devices impact the world with new technology every day. We are hiring seasoned software engineers to help us grow. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across one of the world's fastest growing and most innovative product portfolios and product lines, including Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-Readers, Cloud Cam, Dash Button, and more. The engineering team is revolutionizing the way customers buy those products. Our agile approach allows us to react quickly to market conditions and offer cutting-edge buying options. We operate in a fast-paced and highly experimental fashion, which allows us to bring the most value to our customer.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will define the technology strategy to enhance the Amazon Devices buying experience. 1) a portfolio of tools to enhance Amazon Devices customers ownership experience. 2) Scaling and personalizing marketing efforts on and off Amazon.com 3) internal tooling responsible for the addition of new services on Amazon Devices.
You will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to deep dive into the business and technology problems related to our portfolio of products, understanding the gaps that exist in our current tools, and work within our team and with partner teams to design best in class solutions. You will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces. You will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into a technical solutions. You will own portions of software deliverables including major critical path code from your designs while finding opportunities to grow and mentor the team around you. You will collaborate with other engineering leads and guide the team on software development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build. You will own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team of SDEs and Front End Engineers to execute them. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
If you're a customer-centric, passionate software engineer who feels strongly about building world-class software, let's talk.
For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Design and architecture expertise as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment