The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices such as: Echo and Alexa Devices, Fire TV, Amazon Cloud Cam, Amazon Dash and Fire Tablets.
What will you help us create?
We're building paradigm-shifting technologies to enable Amazon to create, build, and launch innovative devices in record-breaking time. As part of our team, you'll design and build software solutions that will transform the next big idea into the products our customers know and love, at Amazon scale!
We are looking for a talented, passionate, startup-minded Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have a tremendous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of transformative technologies that revolutionize how Amazon builds and launches new devices.
In this role, you will:
• Own system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development.
• Learn to develop globalized web services, at scale.
• Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions.
• Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems.
• Improve the end-to-end launch experience for all Amazon products.
• Build the future and have fun doing it!
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7 + years of software development experience.
• 5 + years coding experience in Java, C, C++ or C#.
• 5 + years experience of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Experience mentoring and training junior SDEs.
• Masters Degree preferred.
• User interface development experience.
• Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns.
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Sharp analytical abilities and design skills.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.