Senior Software Engineer, Alexa Personality
- Seattle, WA
An opportunity to join experienced engineers working on Alexa at Amazon.
Come join the team behind Alexa! We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will pioneer a new program that has impact across all devices and feature categories in Alexa.
We encourage bold experimentation that furthers innovation and use these learnings to bolster the foundation of best practice reference design patterns that foster a consistent, efficient, and familiar cross-product experience.
You will work amongst an experienced engineering team with opportunities to lead as we play a major role in the evolution of Alexa.
Your time with us will be impactful - your vision, creativeness and engineering output adopted by teams across Amazon and beyond.
We advance the possibilities of voice-first experiences to help our Customers achieve more - would you like to join us?
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing products, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and have a creative flair for achieving the impossible.
• Mentorship and knowledge share with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to complex problems
• Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years industry experience as an engineer
• Experience designing and building large-scale, distributed, cloud systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Familiarity with the Alexa platform and Alexa Skills
• Expertise in a variety of programming languages and open-source technologies
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Track record of project delivery for sizable cross-functional project
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top