Senior Software Engineer, Alexa Connected Devices
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you ready to make an impact and forever change how people interact with the technology around them? Are you ready for a challenge that tests your skills building highly scalable, highly resilient, tier 1 services supporting customers around the world? If you answered yes, then you need to join our team. In this role you will be directly responsible for mission critical services within the Alexa ecosystem. You will build new features and architecture that will allow our services to continue to grow into the future.
In this position you will be expected to lead the design of cross team projects, meet with related stakeholders, drive execution, and mentor junior engineers along the way. You should be an independent contributor that is capable of working on your own and helping other team members navigate blocking issues. In this role, you will be creating functionality that will enable cloud based skill developers to better interact with Alexa devices as well as functionality that will enable device developers to better interact with the cloud. You will influence architecture across the Alexa ecosystem and play a pivotal role in designing the future of Alexa.
About the team
The Alexa Connectivity team is responsible for managing every connection between external devices and the Alexa cloud. Our team handles over 36 billion of transactions per day. Our team is a key stakeholder in all new Alexa initiatives because all traffic into and out of Alexa is handled by our services. There are few services on this planet that match the scale at which we operate. Your job will be to work with multiple software engineers and other team members, Product and Program Managers to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you're ready to make a difference that matters, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Other responsibilities include:
• Leading development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years experience building production software systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top