Senior Software Engineer, Alexa
- Seattle, WA
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Alexa is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to deliver new and exciting services that empower delightful customer experiences with Alexa. In this role you will have the opportunity to think big, work with a team of talented engineers, and build new features and services from scratch.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and improving the lives of customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are excited about creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products with your sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large scale distributed systems. You have experience collaborating with other talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
This is for a new Alexa product space that we will build, which will be used by millions of customers.
This position is located in Arlington, Virginia (HQ2).
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• 2+ years practical experience in distributed systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• Masters or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
• 6+ years of experience designing and developing large scale, low latency, web services
• Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran
Back to top