Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are looking for a senior engineer with a experience in building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure and a passion for dealing with internet scale datasets to work on Amazon's Analytics, Forecasting and Optimization Platform for advertising. Our platform is used across Amazon by a variety of advertising programs including Display, Video, Mobile and Kindle. Our team builds end-to-end solutions including data pipelines, large scale index data structures, time series models, software services and large scale data visualizations. Our systems are based on a mix of AWS (EMR) and third-party technologies (Spark, Lucene, etc.), using ones that make the best sense in a given scenario.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years experience working on production data infrastructures
• Expertise in working with big-data including map/reduce and other technologies.
• Expert level knowledge of Spark, Hive, and AWS big-data services.
• Expertise producing bulletproof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team environment.
• A record of accomplishment of shipping software on time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.