Senior Software Engineer, Ads Forecasting Data and Infrastructure
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are looking for a senior engineer with a experience in building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure and a passion for dealing with internet scale datasets to work on Amazon's Analytics, Forecasting and Optimization Platform for advertising. Our platform is used across Amazon by a variety of advertising programs including Display, Video, Mobile and Kindle. Our team builds end-to-end solutions including data pipelines, large scale index data structures, time series models, software services and large scale data visualizations. Our systems are based on a mix of AWS (EMR) and third-party technologies (Spark, Lucene, etc.), using ones that make the best sense in a given scenario.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years experience working on production data infrastructures
• Expertise in working with big-data including map/reduce and other technologies.
• Expert level knowledge of Spark, Hive, and AWS big-data services.
• Expertise producing bulletproof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team environment.
• A record of accomplishment of shipping software on time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
Back to top